I did it! 100 posts!!!
This is a really big deal to me! Mainly because I never follow through and finish what I start. But this, this writing, has helped me more than any therapy, any drug, any friend or family member could. Every day I write, it’s like there is a piece of the hurt chipping off of my heart and the overwhelming weight of depression starts to lift.
I have 104 followers, each of whom I’m eternally grateful for being around to share my life with and get to know in some small way. I’ve been trying to figure out what I can do for this special post, and just today Brooke Farmer posted a list of “100 things I’m grateful for”. I decided that’s what I am going to do. I’m not particularly poetic or spiritual, so you’ll have to forgive my simple list-but these things put a smile on my face. Here goes.
100 Things I’m Grateful For.
1. My husband (of course!)2. My son’s smile.
5. Nine Inch Nails.
7. SS for his giant (hidden) heart.8. Benihana.
11. My grandpa.
13. Places where you play games for tickets (SKEE-BALL!)
14. Grey’s Anatomy.
15. Carving pumpkins on Halloween.
16. My kick ass in-laws.
17. King crab.
19. Antidepressants and mood stabilizers.
20. The people at my last job for still supporting me after all this time.
21. My niece and nephews.22. The smell of baby powder, pickles, and cinnamon apples (not together!)
23. Windsor’s boisterous laugh.
24. Freshly cut hair.
25. My mom being cancer-free. *knocks on wood*
28. Italian beef sandwiches.
29. My husband’s nose!30. Las Vegas!
31. Pictures of my life and the world around me.
32. Al’s big teeth!
34. Bowling alley nachos.
35. My mom’s cooking.
37. Being American. (USA! USA!)
38. Trent Reznor.
39. The Carlton Dance!
40. Dancing in the car when a song comes on.
41. Ranch dressing.
43. Me and Claud’s sushi dates.
44. Paul Frank!
45. Ice cream (especially Haagen-Dazs).
48. Kato’s faces in EVERY SINGLE PICTURE.
50. My stepdad for taking in an insane person and treating me like a daughter.
51. Cheesy 80’s movies.
52. Dancing in Hollywood.
54. Skurvy, my laptop.
55. My husband and our secret language (naooooo bosey!!!)
56. Venti iced soy sugar free vanilla caramel macchiato, upside down.
57. Getting to meet and raise my babies Sam and Portal *sniff*58. Mini-golf.
59. Memory foam pillows.
60. Pirate hats.
62. Having nice teeth after years of dental work.
63. MD never failing to crack me up for over 20 years.
65. Facebook (YES FACEBOOK!)
66. Not ending up like my dad (still a work in progress.)
67. Magnetic Island.68. My brother and sisters (even though they don’t know it).
70. Downloadable music.
71. Having my grandma on this Earth for 74 wonderful years.
72. Diet Pepsi/Coke Zero.
73. Augusten Burroughs.
74. Balboa beach.
75. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
76. World of Warcraft.
77. Stupid jokes.
78. Sexy time!
79. Singing your lungs out to a song when no one’s around.
80. Rainbows!!!81. Mud pie.
82. The Simpsons.
83. Big Bear.
86. Long drives.
87. My mom.88. D-Hop for being a loyal friend even though I am flaky as hell.
89. The memories I hold of my dad when I was growing up.
91. Overcast skies.
92. The Internet.
95. My wedding going off without a hitch.
96. Remembering how it feels to laugh until your stomach hurts.
97. Mexican food.
98. Web cams.
100. Being alive at thirty years old.
Can’t wait for the next 100! Who’s with me?