Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! Bear Grylls has something special for you:
A resounding 53% of you would choose a diner cook as your millionaire splurge. I voted for that one too, but…a Starbucks inside my house is a close second. Do you know Tommy Lee has one in his house? That’s always an option I guess, marry Tommy Lee. Ew. I also loved all of your answers on what you would spend your money on if you were a millionaire. Especially ib's. He wrote, “I chose Starbucks because it was best of the four, but if I my choice, I would buy a brothel.” Hey, I said to be honest!
This entire weekend has been a major bust, with a little light shedding down come Sunday. Let’s just say the hubs and I barely spoke all weekend. One day when I’m objective I will write everything out on here regarding our situation and how complicated it has become. Our hearts are still completely in it, but our brains recognize logic and the impossible situation we are in. I’ll leave it at that for now.
I told him in the beginning of February that for V-Day I wanted sushi and a poem. I couldn’t wait for the sushi. I actually got it the day he said “that’s fine” since I had been craving it for months! Anyway he sent me a message about ten minutes before midnight his time on Valentine's Day that he would be sending me my present at midnight. It was beautiful. How can I stay angry at the man I love on V-Day, you know? So right now we are fine-just no talk of real life…
As for me today, I have had a migraine of death all freaking day. It started in my left eye and spread to my nose (my nose? WTF migraine?), my ear and my neck. I finally got out of bed at 7pm to eat and take another migraine pill. I am functioning enough to write, so that’s good, I guess. I check my e-mail and I have a message from Sugar Free via the blog community Studio Thirty Plus+ that said “Hey! We're friends on here now! Yay! Congrats on being the 500+ winner! Now I just want to end one more sentence with an exclamation point!”
Whaaaa? So I log on and this is what I see on the front page:
(credits go to Studio 30 Plus for their front page, of course)
SWEET! Not only am I the winner of their 500 members giveaway, but they made a little button with a link to my blog on the front page! Holla! I think my gift is a tee or coffee mug or tote from their Cafe Press online store, but I can’t find a link to the original giveaway, so I’m not sure (honestly the button is gift enough!). If I do get to choose, I may do this coffee mug because it’s pretty bad ass. But the tote and tees are cute too!
Just a quick note on what S30P is about: It is a blog community for bloggers 30 and over. A handful of my blog buddies are already signed up there, and they also have a Facebook page and group page. I enjoy it because it’s really a cross-section of the blog community and I relate to the bloggers there. Go check it out!
1. My Paul Frank wallet. Sometimes I don’t want to take my purse with me when I’m just running somewhere, so I grab this and I’m out the door.
2. Chap Stick. I usually have three somewhere at all times (in my purse, on my desk and on my nightstand). It’s my crack.
3. A hair tie. Now that my hair is long enough to be a lazy bum about it, I tend to always have a hair tie either in my hair or on my wrist.
4. My Hoodie Buddie Sweatshirt. Right before hubs and I moved, I bought a sweatshirt because in Australia it was winter. I found a black plaid one that was big and soft, and had built-in earphones and a jack in the pocket to plug your IPod into. Genius! I’ve been wearing it ever since I got home.
Not my actual jacket, but now I WANT THIS ONE. NOW.
5. Clean teeth. I know that sounds weird but I know a lot of people that, if they are just zooming somewhere, they’ll skip the toothbrush or at least mouthwash. Not me! Can’t do it. I just know someone will get all up in my grill when I’m ordering food/picking up a prescription/getting a pelvic exam and I don’t want to be stuck with funky breath!
Since I’m so late on the draw I’m not going to tag anyone since it’s already been done on most blogs! One more thing: A blogger tagged me in a post about the four lies/one truth game that was circulating and for the life of me, I can’t find the link to it! If that was you can you re-send it and the rules? Thanks!