Hi readers. This will be my last blog for about a week or so-Thursday we are spending the day in Townsville and Friday at 5:55am is my flight down to Brisbane. I think this weekend I’ll be fighting the jet lag more than anything.
Today is December 7. Three years ago J and I decided to actually attempt dating long LONG distance. We knew it would be a feat and a struggle, but we made it work. Two years ago we got married on our one-year anniversary. I’m sad to be leaving him for six months, but am also so grateful that I married an amazing, patient man who truly is the cheese to my macaroni. I wrote a little something for him…
20 Things I love about my husband.
1. Our secret language. Noooooooo bosey!
2. His Australian accent and slang.
3. He fills up my water bottle every day, and makes me food when I am
4. His territorial love of food!
5. His nose, his eyes, his arms, his back, his pointy tooth, the mole on his stomach, his stomach, the dent in his eyebrow, his smile…okay, his whole body!
6. His sense of humor is hilarious, and the voices he mimics crack me up.
7. His fierce loyalty to his friends, family, and anyone in need.
8. The way he dances. Whether in a car or in a club-he’s a true spaz.
9. His willingness to compromise, and the sacrifices he has made to make me a better, stronger person.
10. That he is a tech nerd. I fell in love with him because he fixed my cell phone.
11. That he talks incessantly in his sleep.
12. He is a terrible driver! But a safe one.
13. His passionate, obsessive love of music.
14. That he knows almost every episode of “The Simpsons” by heart.
15. That he talks incessantly when he is awake.
16. He is the glowing, glass half full yin to my emo, dark yang.
17. That he is always down to make-out!
18. He sleeps on his back like a vampire.
19. That when he talks on the phone, he can’t stay still-he has to pace back and forth.
20. That he loves me.
See you next week!